Our approach to legal language services
Our in-house legal translation team and our external contractors are chosen for their extensive experience serving law firms as translators, reviewers or lawyers, giving them a thorough understanding of the specialised language of the legal profession. All our legal translations are performed to native speaker standard.
Areas of Law
Our language support extends to areas such as M&A, litigation, arbitration and mediation, capital markets, restructurings and corporate insolvency, banking and finance regulatory matters, pharmaceutical and patent law, insurance, tax, employment law, expert opinions, competition, energy, environmental, commercial real estate and corporate governance.
Confidentiality and data security
Appreciating the sensitivity of the content entrusted to us, we sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements before taking on assignments. All Lacrosse employees and contractors are bound by similar undertakings. See more on confidentiality and data security.
- Cross-border litigation: German to English on-going translation from 2016 to present, of over 190,000 words contained in an extensive range of documents covering expert reports, briefs, legislation, contracts, legal memoranda, court submissions, and extensive correspondence. The project is for the Munich and Vienna offices of a leading global law firm, connected with a claim filed on behalf of their client before the English courts.
- Capital Markets: translation from German into English for a leading law firm’s Frankfurt office of a 450-page share issue prospectus for a €50+ million technology-sector IPO. The project was performed in its entirety in the Lacrosse secure translation environment using memoQ server.
- Litigation/Patents: on-going translation, for leading international law firm, from Polish into English and German into Polish of documents related to high-profile litigation with an international dimension concerning alleged patent infringements in the pharmaceutical sector. For this project we assembled a small, dedicated team of translators and reviewers with relevant legal and scientific experience who are proficient in the use of CAT tools.
- Corporate/Insolvency: Translation, for an international law firm, from German into English of over 450 pages of an expert opinion on the liquidation value of a company.
- Litigation/Arbitration: Translation into English of a German legal text of approx. 100,000 on dividend stripping. The text was translated by a team of translators based in a several EU countries working collaboratively in real time with support/oversight provided by a reviewer/terminologist with degrees in both law and German.
- Public Procurement: English/French/German to Polish translation of extensive tender documentation for a leading Austrian waste management company.
- Energy/Legal Opinion: Translation of a highly complex legal opinion on the legality of the phasing out of nuclear energy in Germany.
- Capital Markets: Translation of two offer documents, each totalling some 15,000 words, in connection with voluntary takeover bids concerning entities operating on the Austrian real estate market.
- Data Protection: English to German translation of approximately 34 000 words, comprising 15 separate files including terms & conditions, data privacy terms, guidelines and data sheets, for a leading international law firm acting on behalf of a major German manufacturing corporation.
Examples of other legal translation projects are available upon request.